Christ Lutheran Church began in October of 1949, meeting first in the school building at Calvary Lutheran, 28th and Sumner streets. The church moved to its present location not long after, and built the first chapel. The church has been served by four senior pastors over the course of its 70 years of service to our Lord Jesus and the community of Lincoln: Pastor A.G. Ahman (1949-1954), Pastor John Bredehoft (1954-1957), Pastor Charles Reimnitz (1958-1996), and Pastor Luke Schnake (1997 to present). Our Lord has blessed the ministry of our church over these many years. Additional staff, the many building projects, and many mission and education ministries have happened over these 70 years. The church started very small, but with the Lord’s blessings, we have grown much in these years, and we pray for continued blessings for the future.